Clean Air Asia is looking for a research intern with skills that include data collection, analysis, research, and stakeholder engagement to support the implementation of the projects under the Sustainable Transport Program.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
The Intern will support the continued development of the organization’s knowledge base on the status of sustainable urban mobility in select Asian cities. The responsibilities of the intern(s) will be to assist Clean Air Asia with one or two of the following tasks, depending on the applicant capacity and timeline of engagement:
- Perform desktop research on status of sustainable transport and its driving factors in these cities such as population growth, socio-economic growth, travel behavior, mobility needs and patterns, including challenges in adopting sustainable transport solutions
- Perform desktop research on topics and studies related to electric mobility, sustainable transport, relevant enabling policies and frameworks, transport logistics, shipping decarbonization, transit-oriented development, electric mobility roadmap, and urban mobility planning
- Assist the team in data collection and validation with project stakeholders through in-person and/or virtual interviews, focus group discussions, and roundtable meetings and discussions
- Compile news information and recent developments on the related topics and/or relevant to the project needs
Other relevant tasks under the Sustainable Transport Program
- Perform other tasks as needed for the projects
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- A graduate or student with formal training or coursework in sustainable transportation, urban and transport planning, policy analysis and public administration, and environmental studies.
- Has a strong interest in sustainable transportation, electric mobility and policy analysis.
- Has excellent research and analytical skills
- Proficient in gathering and analyzing data from various sources
- Has demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Clean Air Asia offers a modest allowance and flexible time schedule during the internship period but does not fund international travel or provide accommodation for the accepted intern. The internship is on a hybrid set-up.