Clean Air Asia is an international NGO established in 2001 as the premier air quality network for Asia by the Asian Development Bank, World Bank and USAID. Our mission is to promote better air quality and liveable cities by translating knowledge to policies and actions that reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from transport, energy and other sectors.
Clean Air Asia India has been working in the area of air quality management since 2008, and our work primarily focuses on city level air quality management, supporting the preparation and implementation of City Air Action Plans and seeking solutions for better air quality.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible project assistant/s to join our growing organization and support cities in implementing air action plans. In this position, you will work with a dynamic team of researchers and managers to generate and interpret data of air quality and support training, engagement and communication activities for policy makers, communities, and youth.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the India Program Manager, the Project Assistant’s main responsibilities are:
A. Project Management, Implementation, Reporting and Coordination
- Support the India Program Manager in planning, implementation, monitoring of clean air action plan work of the Clean Air Asia India Office.
- Support the India Program Manager in project implementation for advancing better air quality in Indian cities as required under project deliverables. This will involve assisting in project planning activities, research and documentation for the technical guidance in the knowledge products, coordinating of activities, the development and delivery of reports within the timeframe.
- Work under the supervision of the India Program Manager in the preparation of material and documentation on air quality issues including research and analysis, preparation of project reports, meeting proceedings, presentations.
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study/ project need.
- Engage with stakeholders like youth, children and vulnerable communities.
- Take a lead role in organizing workshops, conferences and events related to the projects.
- Participate and/or coordinate various supporting activities related to Clean Air Asia’s India Strategy.
- Carry out other tasks as appropriate and relevant to Clean Air Asia’s programs and activities as allocated by the India Director.
B. Inputs to Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Conduct research / data analysis, interpret the findings, and develop a report with action-oriented recommendations.
- Desk research and collection of information relevant to project and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Support the team in field works and coordination.
- Support the India Director in background material for presentations and support to capacity building module development.
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders for Capacity Building programs.
- Prepare notes and memos during meetings; type documents, drafts, and reports; sort and manage files
- Support in communication/ social media of Clean Air Asia.
- Support for communicating Clean Air Asia’s work on air quality and preparation of communication material.
C. Building Partnerships among Clean Air Asia partners
- Support the India Director in maintaining relations with existing Clean Air Asia partners in India.
- Prepare presentations and background notes for India Director’s representation in key events.
- Perform any other task provided by the India Director or India Program Manager as and when required.
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science preferably Environment Science or urban planning, with at least 3-4 years of work experience in the development sector. Master’s Degree is an advantage.
- Background/ Interest in environmental/ air quality issues
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Knowledge of social media skills- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, web content development will be an asset.
This is a work from office position and the incumbent will be expected to travel regularly to field.
IV. DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed for one(1) year under a fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of project funding. The probationary period is 3 months. The remuneration is competitive but may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Clean Air Asia provides 24 days paid vacation leaves, up to 10 days sick leave, and observes 13 public holidays per year. Clean Air Asia also provides opportunities for travel domestically and internationally.