Under the direct supervision of Clean Air Asia’s Program Manager, the Intern will support the continued development of the organization’s knowledge base on the status of air quality management in selected Asian cities specifically by:
- Performing desktop research on air pollution drivers in these cities such as population growth, socio-economic growth, transportation and industrial activities, and others
- Perform desktop research on data and studies related to air quality monitoring, emissions inventory, health impact assessment, communications, and policies that exist or being conducted in the cities. Guidance will be provided by the supervisor or other Clean Air Asia team members on technical aspects of the research.
- Perform file management and organization in relation to all data and files generated from the desktop research
- Prepare or update the Clean Air Management Profile report for targeted country/city that consolidates information from desktop research and provides a status of the air quality management with the Guidance Framework for Better Air Quality in Asian cities as reference
- Undertaking other relevant tasks under the Air Quality and Climate Change Program
- A graduate or student in a relevant field such as environmental science, environmental management, environmental engineering, social sciences, economics, political science, and other related fields
- With an interest in the field of environmental policy and governance, air quality management, and climate change mitigation
- Able to demonstrate excellent research and report writing skills
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
Clean Air Asia offers a modest allowance and flexible time schedule during the internship period but does not fund international travel or provide accommodation for the accepted intern. The internship is on a work-from-home (WFH) basis.