Clean Air Asia is an international non-governmental organization leading the regional mission for better air quality, and healthier, more livable cities throughout Asia. Our mission is to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in Asia and contribute to the development of a more sustainable, equitable and healthier region. We empower governments and cities by inspiring action and focusing efforts on the planning and implementation of solutions at scale, fostering regional cooperation to address issues of mutual concern, and ensuring the integration of air quality management across sectors and institutions. Our work focuses on implementing solutions that reduce air pollution, its detrimental health impacts and mitigate the climate crisis. We do so by providing policy guidance, building capacity, and making a compelling case for action among stakeholders at city, national, and regional levels. Since 2008, we have been a United Nations-recognized partnership comprised of more than 250 organizations in Asia and internationally, with six Country Networks (Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam). Our headquarters are in Manila, Philippines, and we have offices in Beijing, China, and New Delhi, India.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time or part-time Communications Assistant on a fixed-term contract to join our dynamic team at Clean Air Asia in Manila, Philippines. We are looking for someone creative with a solid background in communications, with strong organizational skills and an ability to be able to produce different communications materials across a range of platforms.
The Communications Assistant will play these key roles: Provide assistance to the Communications team and Clean Air Asia’s programs as required in producing a range of communications materials for dissemination across multiple platforms; liaising with external designers and other consultants; assisting with administrative duties to support the communications team; provide communications support for Clean Air Asia events and activities such as the Better Air Quality conference (BAQ), program workshops and activities.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Communications and Marketing Manager, the primary duties include:
- Producing written and visual content for the Clean Air Asia website, publications and social media channels in line with the organizations’ brand guidelines
- Liaise with external consultants such as designers and writers to produce content for projects and organizational communications
- Provide administrative support to the communications team
- Work with project partners and the program teams to produce communications materials in line with project plans
- Assisting with the regular updating of Clean Air Asia’s social media accounts and website.
- Provide communications support for the Better Air Quality conference (BAQ) and other events
IV. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the communications field, ideally in a nonprofit environment.
- A thorough understanding of, and demonstrated experience in, social media communications.
- Excellent English-language writing skills, and the ability to translate complex technical and scientific information into information that can be readily understood by the public.
- Experience with graphic design, and proficiency in the use of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of Drupal is desirable.
- Photographic proficiency is desirable.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel if required.
V. DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed for six (6) months under a fixed term full-time or part time staff contract, with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and business requirement. The probationary period is 3 months. The base monthly remuneration is competitive but may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. In addition to government-mandated employee benefits, Clean Air Asia provides medical insurance, vacation leaves, sick leaves, and observes 13 public holidays per year for full-time staff. Clean Air Asia also provides opportunities for travel domestically and internationally.