Clean Air Asia is an international non-governmental organization leading the regional mission for better air quality, and healthier, more livable cities throughout Asia. Our mission is to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in Asia and contribute to the development of a more sustainable, equitable and healthier region. We empower governments and cities by inspiring action and focusing efforts on the planning and implementation of solutions at scale, fostering regional cooperation to address issues of mutual concern, and ensuring the integration of air quality management across sectors and institutions. Our work focuses on implementing solutions that reduce air pollution, its detrimental health impacts and mitigate the climate crisis. We do so by providing policy guidance, building capacity, and making a compelling case for action among stakeholders at city, national, and regional levels. Since 2008, we have been a United Nations-recognized partnership comprised of more than 250 organizations in Asia and internationally, with six Country Networks (Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam). Our headquarters are in Manila, Philippines, and we have offices in Beijing, China, and New Delhi, India.
Clean Air Asia has organized the Better Air Quality (BAQ) conference every two years since 2002. BAQ is Asia’s leading conference on the topics of air quality, climate change, transport, energy and cities, bringing together more than 600 practitioners, policymakers and the private sector. As the BAQ Conference tradition continues, the 11th BAQ Conference will be held in Manila on November 7 to 9, 2023 with side events on November 6 and 10; and it will be organized together with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC).
As we are embarking on implementing the conference program we are looking for an individual who wants to make a difference to join our professional, creative and efficient team. If you have a passion for organizing conference program, then we are the right organization for you.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the BAQ Program Coordinator and the Senior Executive Assistant, the BAQ Assistant shall support the logistical and communications requirements for the 11th BAQ Conference (BAQ 2023).
The BAQ Assistant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist the BAQ team in managing the participants’ database of BAQ
- Support the administrative requirements of the BAQ event including the filing system
- Assist the BAQ team in liaising with sponsors, hotels, travel arrangement and other service providers as required
- Maintain overviews of participants, pre-events, exhibition booths, poster presentations, workshop presentations, awards, and other schedule as required
- Provide information for the BAQ website, as required
- Assist the BAQ team in coordinating requirements with Program Managers and session organizers
- Support the FAS in documentation requirements for participant’s sponsorship liquidations
- Deliver other tasks assigned by the BAQ team
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- A university degree in any business administration, information technology or related courses
- Relevant work experience in administrative support responsibilities (experience in events management will be an advantage)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Adobe photoshop skills is an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, initiative, and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet specific deadlines.
V. DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be contracted until 30 November 2023 on a full-time, project-based consulting contract. The remuneration is competitive and can vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.