Clean Air Asia is looking for interns with skills that include data collection, visualization, analysis, research, and stakeholder engagement to support various projects of the Air Quality and Climate Change Program. The internship is suitable for those with a background in environmental science, chemistry, physics, engineering, geography, computer science, and other courses with strong data management and analysis background or related disciplines interested in acquiring practical experience on this topic to contribute to Clean Air Asia’s goal of improving policy, building capacity, and informing for action. However, Clean Air Asia welcomes a broad range of skills and expertise.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
The responsibilities of the intern(s) will be to assist Clean Air Asia with one or two of the following tasks, depending on the applicant's capacity and timeline of engagement:
- Assist in the compilation, QA/QC, and analysis of air pollution data and other air quality management-related information in Asian cities
- Provide support in the development of an integrated online database of air quality monitoring in Asia
- Perform desktop research on studies and publications related to air quality monitoring, emissions inventory, health impact assessment, communications, and policies
- Perform clean-up, QA/QC, preparation of summaries and visualization (i.e., mapping or other graphics) as well as statistical analysis of air quality, meteorological and activity data
- Work with the project team in managing and optimizing data for more efficient data analysis
- Perform file management and organization
- Prepare reports to document in detail all data treatment protocols and methods performed for the project
Provide support in the implementation of Clean Air Asia projects in various Asian cities, with the following roles:
- Assist in relevant systemic data collection through desktop research, validation of available information, and use of applicable software
- Support in QA/QC, analysis, and visualization of data on air quality, emissions inventory, and health
- Assist in the preparation of the air quality and emissions inventory reports and other documentation related to the projects
- Assist in the conduct of surveys and preparation of the communication/awareness-raising materials on air pollution and air quality management
- Organize files and materials related to the projects, management of data and knowledge products
- Assist in the dissemination of the case study outcomes and discussion meetings and workshops
- Perform other tasks as needed for the projects
Other relevant tasks under the Air Quality and Climate Change Program and Sustainable Transport Program
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- A graduate or student in a relevant field such as environmental science, chemistry, physics, engineering, geography, computer science, and other courses with strong data management and analysis background (kindly describe experience in the use of related tools/software such as Excel, QGIS, R, Python, etc. as applicable)
- Have demonstrated excellent research and oral and written communication skills (kindly include a sample of written work in the application).
- Demonstrates excellent research skills and great attention to detail.
- Has the ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
Clean Air Asia offers a modest allowance and flexible time schedule during the internship period but does not fund international travel or provide accommodation for the accepted intern. The internship is on a hybrid (F2F and work-from-home (WFH)) basis.