09:00 – 10:30 - Main Auditorium
Bindu Lohani, Chairman, Board of Trustees, Clean Air Asia
Bjarne Pedersen, Executive Director, Clean Air Asia
Fatima Yasmin, Vice President for Sector and Themes, Asian Development Bank
Martina Otto, Head of Secretariat, Climate and Clean Air Coalition
Keynote Speech on cities leading the way in raising ambition and accelerating action on clean air - Mark Watts, Executive Director, C40
Testimony & call for action to prevent the tragedy of air pollution - Rosamund Adoo-Kissi-Debrah, Clean air advocate,
BreatheLife Champion and Founder - Ella Roberta, Family Foundation (Video Recording)
OPENING PANEL DISCUSSION: Urgency of accelerating solutions to air pollution and short-lived climate pollutants (SLCPs)
- Do we have the solutions in the region to fix air pollution? What are needed to bring these solutions to scale?
- In which areas should we focus on developing solutions?
- How can the sector you represent contribute to raising ambition and increasing action on clean air to achieve public health and climate goals?
Moderator: Sharanjit Leyl, International Moderator and Former Producer for BBC
Response from a national government official or development agency perspective including health and other reasons for cities and countries to accelerate solutions to addressing major sources of pollution.
- Heather Adair-Rohani, Acting Head, Air Quality, Energy &Health, World Health Organization (WHO)
Response from academia and/or national government perspective; implementation of evidence-based measures in PRC in urban areas by tackling waste and transport pollution; power generation sector; enforcement; success factors
- Prof. Zhang Shiqiu, Professor, Environmental Economics, College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Peking University
Response from the business perspective, including business case for clean air
- Tanah Sullivan, Group Head, Sustainability, GoTo Group