Are you interested in sharing your insights and experiences on air quality and climate change in Asia? Do you have a cutting-edge research, policy, or practice that you want to present to a global audience of experts and stakeholders? If yes, then you should submit your abstract for the Better Air Quality conference (BAQ) 2023, the premier international event on air quality in Asia.
- Call For Abstracts: 30 August 2023
- Deadline for abstract submission: 15 September 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 20 September
- Deadline for poster presentation: 15 October
Online Poster Presentation
Participants interested in making online poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All selected abstracts and corresponding posters will be posted on the BAQ 2023 website and will be available for delegates to access starting 1st of November 2023. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee and may be accepted for an oral presentation or a poster presentation.
Abstracts can cover academic, technical or policy-related studies, projects, and programs at the city, national or regional levels. An Asian focus is preferred but abstracts with focus on other parts of the world should clearly state the relevance of the proposed abstract to Asia. Priority will be given to abstracts which focus on research conducted in the last five years, and innovative policies and solutions. Some guide questions are shown below, in order of importance:
- What are the key outcomes of the study/project and how does this contribute to air quality improvement, climate change mitigation and the reduction of its impacts?
- How can the study/project results be used in data-driven policy development and action?
- What are the methods and processes used in the study/project? How can this be adopted or scaled up in Asia?
Abstracts that tackle topics and issues on air pollution characterization (monitoring, emission inventories, dispersion modelling, transport), air quality impact assessment, pollution reduction techniques, stakeholder engagement, and air quality management solutions implementation are particularly welcome, with emphasis on how the study/project has led or will lead to action.
We encourage you to submit abstracts specific to:
- Transitioning to sustainable public transport (e.g., e-mobility, transport planning, etc.) and freight systems
- Reducing emissions and transport-related air pollution
- Shipping emissions monitoring and control
- Just Transition towards sustainable energy systems
- Emissions reduction from coal-fired power plants and other heavy-polluting industries
- Solutions to address methane and other short-lived climate pollutants (SLCPs)
- The science and policies on air pollution and health
- Addressing open burning of waste and agricultural residue
- Reducing air pollution from the commercial (e.g., construction) and residential (e.g., cooking) sectors
- Developing and financing action plans, projects, and programs
- From data to solutions: how cities use air quality data to plan and implement solutions
- Public and private sector participation in data collection and implementation of solutions
- Integrative work on clean air and climate action
Please submit your abstracts using the Conference abstract template and the abstract submission form below. (Download template at this link)
- Abstracts should have a maximum of 300 words.
- Abstracts must be written in plain language summary reference to the abstract topics.
- Provide at least 3 keywords.
- Deadline for submission is on 15 September 2023.
Kindly note that the acceptance of your abstract does not financially oblige the conference organizers for the expenses that you will incur in your travel and conference attendance. As a presenter, you are expected to support your own participation or to look for an organization that will support your participation (i.e., travel, accommodation)
For further enquiries, please contact the BAQ 2023 Abstract Review Committee at email@example.com