14:00 – 15:30 - Auditorium 2
Clean Air Asia continues to build the capacity of Asian governments on air quality management and emissions reduction through a Community of Practice (CoP) and the Guidance Framework Towards Clean Air and Clean Energy in Asia. The session aims to facilitate sharing of progress on strengthening and implementing emission standards of key countries in the region. It also aims to foster discussions on country-specific needs for building technical and institutional capacity of governments for the enforcement of emission standards for CFPs and other heavy polluting industries. Government policy mechanisms for achieving NDC targets and low-carbon sustainable development will also be discussed, highlighting action points and co-learning opportunities in the region.
The session aims to highlight the activities, progress, and achievements of key Asian governments in reducing emissions from coal and other heavy industries. Specific next steps in achieving identified goals for emissions reduction will be discussed in a co learning session. Key areas will be identified for policy guidance and technical assistance, drawing insights from international experience and providing recommendations for the development and enforcement of stringent emission standards. Concrete actions governing the adoption of best practice policies, continuous knowledge base updating, and ensuring effective implementation of standards and pollution reduction measures will be discussed.
Clean Air Asia
Atty. Glynda Bathan-Baterina, Deputy Executive Director, Clean Air Asia
- Nguyet Thi Nguyen Anh, Deputy Director, The Northern Center for Environmental Monitoring under the Pollution Control Department - Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Viet Nam
- MOEF’s initiatives on air quality management, including efforts to address key emission source sector - Damayanti Ratunanda, Secretary Director Deputy Director for Enforcement on Environment, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Republic of Indonesia
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) priorities and initiatives towards updating emission standards - Engr. Jundy Del Socorro, Air Quality Management Section Chief, Department of Environment and Natural Resources-Environmental Management Bureau, Philippines
- Building on the PRC's success in controlling emission - China Gov’t Rep or Sectoral Expert
- Jianzhi Zhao, Deputy Director of Air Division, Shanghai Bureau of Ecology and Environment, People's Republic of China
MODERATED PANEL DISCUSSION
Moderator: Atty. Glynda Bathan-Baterina, Deputy Excecutive Director, Clean Air Asia
Panelists: All previous speakers to be joined by Dr. Wei Wan, Clean Air Asia China’s Program Director and Nguyen Thi Nguyet Anh, Deputy Director, Northern Center for Environmental Monitoring (NCEM)
Atty. Glynda Bathan-Baterina, Deputy Excecutive Director, Clean Air Asia
*to be confirmed