14:00 – 15:30 - Auditorium 4
The session will provide a unique opportunity to delve into the intersection of air quality and climate finance. By understanding the intricate link between these two domains, participants can uncover effective strategies to address air pollution and promote a healthier environment. Through exploring diverse funding mechanisms, success stories, on- ground projects, and expert insights. The session will try to unfold a comprehensive understanding of how climate finance can be harnessed to propel air quality improvement initiatives. This session will highlight how finance, when strategically aligned with air quality goals, becomes a catalyst for positive change – fostering cleaner air and a more sustainable future for all.
This session aims to bring distinct perspectives and to understand Climate Finance mechanisms for air quality and to highlight the link between climate finance and air quality improvement.
CIMOD, Clean Air Asia, SCS Global Registry
Bhupesh Adhikary, International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- Accessing suitable climate finance mechanisms for air quality initiatives - Anouj Mehta, Asian Development Bank
- Voluntary Carbon Markets (VCM), corporate carbon neutrality and carbon offsets - Dana Pillai, SCS Global Registry
- Climate finance and its significance in tackling global environmental challenges - Sandeep Chaudhary, VNV Advisory Services
- Scaling up cleaner brick production through the VCM - Bidya B Pradhan, International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
MODERATED PANEL DISCUSSION
Moderator: Precious Benjamin, Sustainable Cities Lead, Clean Air Asia
- Martina Otto, Head of Secretariat, Climate and Clean Air Coalition, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) (Study on “Bridging the Gap in Climate Finance” by CCAC) JS Kamyotra*
- Indah Wibinastiti, General Manager, Association of Indonesia Municipalities (APEKSI), Indonesia
- J S Kamyotra, Ex Member Secretary, Central Pollution Control Board, India
CLOSING: Precious Benjamin, Clean Air Asia
*to be confirmed