- About Us
- What We Do
- Country Networks
Projects and Activities:
- Clean Air Ride - Manila
- Clean Bus Fleet Program in India
- Coordination and Organization of the Eco-Driving Workshop in China
- Developing Policies for Low Sulphur Fuels, Automotive Fuel Economy and Clean Emissions for Light and Heavy Duty Vehicles (LDV &HDV) in Asia
- Diesel Power Generation: Inventories and Black Carbon Emissions in Nepal and Initial Stakeholder and Data Mapping for India
- Improving Fuel Quality and Vehicle Emission Standards
- Improving Vehicle Fuel Economy in ASEAN
- Jeepney Modernization Study
- Managing Two and Three-Wheelers in Asia
- Roll-out of Clean Fleet Management Toolkit
- Supporting the Development of Policies for Low Sulphur Fuels and Clean HDV Emissions in Bangladesh and Viet Nam
- Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance in Asia: Status and Issues
Our Clean Fuels and Vehicles Program consist of three components:
- Facilitate adoption of tighter standards for cleaner fuels and vehicles by Asian countries. Clean Air Asia works with national governments, industry and other stakeholders to agree on the introduction of tighter vehicle emission standards and fuels with 50 ppm Sulfur or less with a clear timeline. Similar policy dialogues will be held on fuel economy standards and on alternative fuels and vehicles. We bring together governments, partners and experts from different countries to share experiences with the aim to fast track and harmonize standards across Asia.
- Strengthen policy frameworks for effective management of in-use vehicles. Starting with a database on in-use vehicles in Asia, we will work with governments to improve vehicle inspection and maintenance systems, restrict the import and sales of polluting second-hand vehicles and engines, and phase out polluting vehicles. Specifically, policies and financing mechanisms will be established to phase-out of 2-stroke 3-wheelers by replacement with 4-stroke or electric 3-wheelers or conversion to LPG.
- Introduce clean fleet management programs for public and private fleet operators. Building on the Clean Fleet Management Toolkit of UNEP and TNT, Clean Air Asia developed tailored toolkits for bus fleets and truck fleets. Depending on what is most suitable for each country, a Clean Fleet Management program will be established nationally for bus, truck, corporate, government and/or other fleets. We will support the design and establishment of such programs and build partner networks to roll these out.
Goals 2016 for Asia
- Asian countries have Euro 4 or equivalent emission standards for light and heavy duty vehicles or have approved their introduction within four years.
- Asian countries have fuel economy standards for light and heavy duty vehicles or have approved their introduction within four years.
- Asian countries have effective programs for in-use vehicles including inspection and maintenance, phase out of polluting vehicles and Clean Fleet Management
Chee Anne Rono, ritchie.rono(at)cleanairasia.org
Glynda Bathan, glynda.bathan(at)cleanairasia.org
Asian Clean Fuels Association
Global Fuel Economy Initiative
UNEP Partnership for Clean Fuels and Vehicles
MAHA Maschinenbau Haldenwang GmbH & Co KG