Transport is a key enabler of economic activity and social connectedness. While providing essential services to society and economy, transport is also an important part of the economy and it is at the core of a number of
major sustainability challenges, in particular climate change, air quality, safety, energy security and efficiency in the use of resources (EC 2011: Transport White Paper).
The overall mission of this project is to support the uptake of innovative sustainable urban mobility solutions in Europe and other regions in the world, in particular in Asia, Latin America and the Mediterranean.
The call text has identified several regions in the world, policy areas and previous and on-going projects relevant for addressing the topic: Implementing innovative and green urban transport solutions in Europe and beyond.
SOLUTIONS will address all regions and policy areas, and will link into all included projects. This approach generates the greatest synergies, which will be for the benefit of participating cities and the projects SOLUTIONS will link to and build upon.
While SOLUTIONS will build strongly on previous and on-going projects and initiatives, as is the nature of a coordinating action, it also aims to provide added value that goes beyond summarising and facilitating knowledge sharing and research and technology transfer.
SOLUTIONS aims to bridge the “implementation gap” between the potential of innovative sustainable mobility and transport solutions and packages of solutions and the actual level of up-take and quality of the deployment mechanisms.
- Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy (WI) (Coordinator)
- Rupprecht Consult
- Polis – Promoting Operational Links with Integrated Services
- AustriaTech – Federal Agency for Technological Measures Ltd. (ATE)
- French Institute of science and technology for transport, development and networks (IFSTTAR)
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas / Hellenic Institute of Transport (CERTH/HIT)
- World Resources Institute
- Centro de Transporte Sustentable de Mexico, A.C.
- Centro de Transporte Sustentável do Brasil
- ICLEI-Europe, Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI-EU)
- ICLEI-South Asia, Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI-SA)
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN–HABITAT)
- Forum of European National Highway Research Laboratories (FEHRL)
- China Academy of Transportation Sciences (CATS)
- Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil (LNEC)
- Clean Air Asia
- International Council for Clean Transportation (ICCT)
- Zaragoza Logistics Center
- Association européenne des véhicules électriques (AVERE)
Duration 2013 – 2016
Clean Air Asia Contact:
Alvin Mejia, alvin.mejia(at)cleanairasia.org